Our Privacy Promise & Policy at Sh1ft
Protecting your private information is our priority.
BY USING THE SITES, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION, USE, TRANSFER AND STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION IN OR TO THE UNITED STATES OR TO ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY.
- Collection of your Personal Information
“Information” (“Personal Data”) refers to information we collect from or about you, including information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. In order to better provide you with products and services offered on our Sites, Sh1ft may collect Information, such as:
- Information you submit when you contact us or provide feedback.
- Information you provide directly to us through our products, services, and applications.
- Information from your devices, including IP address, http referrer fields, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, unique device identifiers, and other information about your device and your usage of the Sites. We also collect Information that is sent to us automatically by your Web browser. We automatically receive Information about your interactions with our Sites, such as the pages or other content you view and the dates and times of your visits.
- Identifiers, such as your name and contact information (email, address (mailing and home) and phone number), and any login ID or email address and password created by you
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your job search criteria and preferences, your availability to work, your employment experience, educational history, your skills, reference information, background check information, compensation expectations, ability to work in the United States, languages spoken, and other information contained in your resume
- Emergency contact information consisting of full name and phone number
- Information protected against security breaches such as bank information if you work with us and elect to be paid via direct deposit consisting of bank account numbers and direct deposit information
- Use of your Personal Information
In general, we use Information we collect through the Sites:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to analyze how you use the Sites;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use the Sites;
- to process and respond to inquiries, such as customer support questions and requests;
- to improve, expand, and promote the content, functionality and usability of the Sites;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of the Sites;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- to improve our products and services;
- to monitor your location in accordance with the geolocation permissions you’ve granted us;
- to find and prevent fraud;
- to resolve disputes, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kubit, our Site visitors, customers, or the public, and to enforce any legal terms – that govern your use of the Site or our other services and products;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts; and
- for any other purpose identified in any other agreement between us.
We may combine the Information that we collect through the Sites with Information that we receive from other sources, both online and offline, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy. We may aggregate and/or de-identify the Information we collect. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, and/or others.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
Sh1ft does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. We may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Sh1ft, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Sh1ft or the Sites; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Sh1ft; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Sh1ft, or the public. Your Information may also be transferred to a successor organization if, for example, we transfer the ownership or operation of this Site to another organization or if we merge with another organization.
- Tracking User Behavior
We may keep track of the websites and pages/ screens our users visit within the Sites, in order to determine what Sh1ft services/ functionalities are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Sh1ft to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software and about your mobile phone may be automatically collected by Sh1ft. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Sites. If you install our mobile app, we may ask you to grant us access to your mobile device’s geolocation data, which enables use of the features of certain services. If you grant us access, we collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing and improving our services.
The Sites may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes, but is not limited to, IP address, browser information, referring/exit pages and URLs, click stream data and information about how you interact with links on the website, mobile app, or Service, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser and track your behavior on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Sh1ft pages, or register with the Sites or services, a cookie helps Sh1ft to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on.
When you return to the same Sites, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Sites’ features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Sh1ft services or Sites you visit.
The Sites contain links to other third-party sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other third-party sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other third-party site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Security of your Personal Information
We secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use the following methods for this purpose: SSL Protocol. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through these Sites cannot be guaranteed.
- Children Under Thirteen
Sh1ft does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website. If we become aware that a child under 13 (or a higher age threshold where applicable) has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such information.
- Opt-Out & Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of Sh1ft by contacting us here:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +1(415) 800- 1303 If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that Sh1ft disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. You will not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
- Account information access request and deletion
If you would like to exercise your rights to make an information access request or a deletion request, please contact us at the email and/or phone number listed above. In order to verify your request, you will need to provide your legal first and last name, email address you use to correspond with Sh1ft, your relationship with Sh1ft, and the state you currently reside in.
- E-mail Communications
From time to time, we may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, updates regarding jobs and your job profile, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Sites, we may receive a notification when you open an email from Sh1ft or click on a link therein. If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Sh1ft, you may opt out of such communications by sending us an email at [email protected] or calling us at +1(415) 800- 1303.
- External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
- Changes to this Statement
- Contact Information
Sh1ft welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at:
280 King Street
San Francisco, CA 94017Email Address:
[email protected]Telephone number:
+1(415) 800- 1303
Effective as of March 1st, 2023