Shift One is currently looking for several Electrical Controls Engineers to work with our client, a top international robotics company at their facilities on the west side of Chicago, IL.
Our ideal candidate has experience assisting during concept, design and installation processes — electrical design and drawings, programming, commissioning — for various automation equipment solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity with growth potential!
Responsibilities of the Controls Engineer
- Collaboration and assistance with project development with cross functional teams. Process flow includes conceptual design, electrical drawing design, programming, commissioning, installation and the implementation of control systems
- Creating BOM in accordance with project requirements. Working with internal/external purchasing, sales, distributors, manufacturers to assure materials required are per specifications and on schedule
- Support of the panel shop from concept to final build, support equipment assembly departments by providing guidance and necessary information to ensure flow of design build complies
- Using listening skills to apply updates according to customers’ needs development and during build process
- Aftermarket support including travel to customer site. Ability to train personal on equipment that has been implemented on site
- Importance of understanding and following safety regulations to ensure safe environment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Controls Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Controls Engineering
- Two or more years of electrical and/or controls engineering experience
- Electrical drawing design using AutoCAD LT / AutoCAD Electrical (preferred)
- Basic programming and setup of controls equipment including PLC, HMI, VFD’s, Servo Drives, various networks (as Ethernet, Profibus Devicenet…)
- Proficient in Rockwell Automation programming platforms as Studio, RSLogix, FactoryTalk View, Connected Components, etc.
- Technical skills – understanding and use of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic components
- Computer skills – MS Office products
- Robotics, design and programming including and not limited by Motoman/Yaskawa, Fanuc, ABB
- Vision systems and bar code readers preferred Cognex, Keyence or others
Compensation of the Controls Engineer
- Starting base pay is $35.00 to $45.00 / hr., depending on experience
- Some overtime potential
- Paid Time Off / Holidays
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurances
- Apply today!
Job Type: Full-time