The Shift One team is currently looking for Production Workers to fill openings with our client, a top manufacturer located in the Dayton, OH area. This is an exciting opportunity with growth potential. This role is ideal for those who are ready & able to attend orientation and begin work immediately!
Available shifts — choose between eight or ten-hour shifts:
- 2nd shift: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM (or end at Midnight if on 10-hour shift)
- 3rd shift: 10:00 PM to 06:00 AM (or begin at 8:00 PM if on 10-hour shift)
Responsibilities of the Production Workers
- Responsible for the operation of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose-liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed. Cross train on other machines.
- Adheres to the production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to the Supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Works on a rotation. Rotates to other product lines in other facilities as needed
- Wears the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required, including but not limited to ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump caps, and gloves
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Qualifications of the Production Workers
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Pre-employment background check & drug screening required.
Compensation of the Production Workers
- Starting base pay is $16.00 to 17.00 / hr. including shift differential
- There is a sign-on bonus of $500 paid over the first 10 weeks. If you go to work every day that you are scheduled, you’ll receive an additional $50 or $1.25/hr for that week! Everyone is eligible every week!
- There is always overtime (OT) available
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance is available free of charge for eligible employees
- Apply today!
Job Type: Contract