At Movo, we’re on a mission to build the future of frontline work.
In just 24 months, we’ve achieved remarkable growth and product development milestones with our AI-powered all-in-one HR platform. We built the first real-time next gen HR solution for customers like Amazon.com, Pratt, Falabella, and Melonn, generated a waitlist of dozens of companies, created a 500K member community, and pioneered in the AI-powered HR Technology category.
Our platform engineering team owns the AI-powered services that help drive operational efficiencies and productivity in hiring, onboarding, and managing massive workforces. These services are both high-volume and critical to the functionality of many parts of the platform as well as backend and compliance processes.
Movo is full of humble overachievers that like to move quickly, build for impact, solve incredibly tough problems… and have a ton of fun.
Objectives of the Senior Software Engineer, Platform
As a senior software engineer, you will be expected to design new algorithmic features, build them, and then rapidly iterate improvements. At the same time, you will be mentoring less experienced engineers, applying engineering best practices, and helping to create a culture of software quality and operational excellence. You will be working closely with other members of the platform engineering team, Product Management, Field Engineering, as well as other stakeholders. Our product direction is not top-down and there are many opportunities as a software engineer to contribute ideas and suggestions to our roadmap.
Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer, Platform
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
4+ years experience with a statically-typed object oriented programming language (e.g. Java, Go, Kotlin, C++, C#, etc.)
- Experience with database storage systems (SQL/NoSQL) e.g., PostgresQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, DynamoDB, Lambda, CouchBase
- Significant experience with large scale, high-performance systems
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently on a remote/distributed team
We get excited about candidates who:
- Embrace continual improvement, and love to learn and develop new skills
- Think about why something needs to be built, not just what needs to be built
- Have strong opinions on technical direction without a strong ego
- Feel a sense of ownership in every application they work on
- Enjoy mentoring more junior team members
- Have previous pricing, scheduling or geospatial algorithms experience
Movo provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
Movo is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds. Shift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.